We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Methanol methyl alcohol
- engl.: methanol methyl alcohol
- Methanol is a colorless, flammable liquid that mixes with water and almost all organic solvents in any proportion.
- Methanol is the simplest primary alcohol.
- Methanol is a dipolar protic solvent. It's very poisonous. Consumption of small amounts can damage the central nervous system and lead to blindness. The toxic effect is due to the oxidation to formaldehyde and formic acid in the organism.
- Methanol is used as a solvent and serves as a fuel additive, to produce formaldehyde, polyesters, adhesives and as a methylating agent.
More information: Alcohols: Introduction and Properties